Friday, January 01, 2010

Geronimo (Doctor Who Season 5 Trailer/Screencaps)

The Doctor (to TARDIS): "Okay, what have you got for me this time?"

Well, judging by the glorious minute long trailer on YouTube and the BBC site, more than enough reasons to prove that Matt Smith is going to be quite the Doctor to watch for in 2010.

Have we ever seen the Doctor this aggressive towards a Dalek before by new series standards? We certainly have now. Some people have complained about seeing Daleks again but shouldn't every Doctor get them in their first year? Besides from the looks it, it's a small scale story anyways and it's supposed to be written by Mark Gatiss.

Rory (Arthur Darvill) and Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) are about to have their lives turned upside down, thanks a certain man. I also think that Amy is definitely a police woman.

The shades sort of work but is Matt Smith going to be a darker Doctor? He certainly seems less bothered by lashing out violently - shooting a gun, punching a professor? Tsk, tsk. The violent aspects remind me of the Sixth Doctor. I hope Matt however has the opposite reception that Six initially got from audiences.

River Song (Alex Kingston) is back but we've known about that for six months already. I hope Moffat can develop her better in her episodes this season than in the previous one.

The Weeping Angels are back. I wonder what they're gonna do next. Also the trailer has shown some vampire brides, a creepy clown thing and something that suspiciously looks like a Silurian as well.

Is this the new TARDIS interior? Not too sure of it yet. It's certainly different but then again for the first since 2005, this literally feels like a brand new show. Exciting, isn't it?


I'm going to be in a minority here but I actually love that Eleven and Amy snog and I don't give a shit what the reason is behind it, though it's probably going to be platonic and it seems to be in the River Song two-parter if Amy's outfit is anything to go. I can deal with the Doctor's snoggage bouts but I'm hoping there's more to Amy than meets the eye if you catch my drift. Plus at the end I think the little girl Eleven is asking for trust is a younger version of Amy.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tPte4rQMpI&aia=true





No comments: