Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Doctor Who - Series 7 Is A Go

Three Doctor Who blogs in a row? I know, I will talk about something else next blog I promise but the news of the series being picked up for a seventh season with 14 episodes needed to be discussed here.

Okay, it was obvious the show would come back and while there had been some discussion in relation to Matt Smith, a tweet from Steven Moffat indicates that Smith will be continuing his role as the Doctor but there's a glaring omission of Amy and Rory. I hate to admit it, but I think it's likely that next season, we will be having some new companions as well as the recurring presence of River Song.

However, it's odd that the original report said that the episodes will air in 2012 and now it doesn't. Hopefully more details become available soon.

Press Release: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/06/dwn070611173008-bbc-confirms-fourteen.html

No comments: