Friday, April 06, 2012

Doctor Who - Series 7 Spoilers: The Angels Are Returning

Yes, filming for the pivotal first and fifth episodes have finally begun for Doctor Who's seventh series and here are some of the highlights of the last few days ...


Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are posing with a 1960's Dalek and it's been revealed that the first episode is going to feature as many Daleks from the show's history as humanly possible. Well, at some point this idea was going to have to happen and while there's a part of me that's wondering they didn't leave it for the 50th anniversary, I have a feeling this could be an epic Dalek episode from Moffat's era.


And when we're not gushing about Daleks, filming for the fifth episode has also taken place too with some Weeping Angels creeping about the place too. This one is Amy/Rory's final episode but not the last episode Karen Gillan and Arthur will be filming - that will be the fourth episode, penned by Chris Chibnall (who's also penned episode 2 where Mark Williams is definitely playing Rory's father, according to DWM).


More filming with Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill and there's at least one moment where it appears that the Ponds are arguing about the Doctor. There's also a picture where it looks like Amy is wearing a rather interesting ring as well. As for River, so far there's been no reports of Alex Kingston filming for either episodes but given that they're due to film in New York in a fortnight, I wouldn't rule anything out.


Meanwhile Jenna-Louise Coleman has graced the cover of this month's DWM and will begin filming her first episode in May, which will be the fourth block after Chibnall's second episode is filmed on it's own. In the magazine, she's hinted that she knows the name of her character and more details on her story arc and dynamic with the Doctor. Steven Moffat has also revealed one of three audition pieces that sealed Jenna the role ...

However, two warnings ....

1) Her character will not be named Jasmine. Moffat apparently isn't keen on the name (why? It's lovely!) and given that JLC already played a Jasmine on Emmerdale, maybe that's a good thing.
2) This is not a scene we'll see in a future episode. But I wish it was.

The Doctor and Jasmine are investigating a haunted house

The Doctor: So you saw it coming in here? What did it look like?
Jasmine: Gray. Sort of dusty. Like it was made of spider webs.
The Doctor: And it came through the wall?
Jasmine: Yeah, That wall there.
The Doctor: And made a moaning sound.
Jasmine: Moaning, groaning, yeah.
The Doctor: And you don't think it was a ghost. Why not?
Jasmine: Because there's no such thing as ghosts.
The Doctor: You know, a lot of people who saw what you just saw wouldn't still think that
Jasmine: Obviously. Otherwise there wouldn't still be idiots who believes in ghosts.
The Doctor: What were you doing here?
Jasmine: I love this place. It's.. beautiful
The Doctor: It's falling apart
Jasmine: It's old. I love old things, they make me sad
The Doctor: What's good about sad?
Jasmine: It's happy for deep people. You'd know.
The Doctor: I'm not sad.
Jasmine: Oh, you are though. Under all that talking and leaping about. Takes one to know one.
The Doctor: So you come here... for recreational sadness.
Jasmine: Yeah. In a way. Okay, why are you looking at me like that?
The Doctor: You remind me of an old friend of mine. Someone I lost a long time ago.
Jasmine: Down boy. I'm not her.
The Doctor: Oh, I know you're not - I don't believe in ghosts either.
Jasmine
: Oh my god, what's that?!
The Doctor: Okay, just stay calm.
Jasmine: But that's the thing I saw before.
The Doctor: Yep, and it's coming towards us. I expect you noticed that. Say it with me - I don't believe in ghosts.
Jasmine: I don't believe in ghosts.
The Doctor: Louder! I don't believe in ghosts. !
Jasmine: I don't believe in ghosts! Will this work?
The Doctor: No idea, never met a ghost before.

Series 7 Filming Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alun_vega/sets/72157629747328773/

Series 7 of Doctor Who is rumoured to air on BBC1 in November 2012.

No comments: