Thursday, May 15, 2014

Gracepoint - Trailer/Airdate & Broadchurch Casting News

Well, it's been a rather busy news for all the various news about certain shows being picked up, cancelled and renewed that for fans of David Tennant, you get to be spoiled twice with both exciting new for Gracepoint and Broadchurch.


Gracepoint - well I caught the three minute trailer that FOX released and I have to be honest, it didn't blow me away. I know the show is going to deviate away from Broadchurch in terms of who the killer will turn out to be but the trailer was a little too shot for shot remake for my liking. Also, much as I adore Tennant as an actor, I have to admit his US accent did sound a little jarring in that trailer as well. Of course I will watch the series when it eventually airs on UK television and I do admit that Tennant looks like he'll have a great rapport with Anna Gunn in this series, though whether it will be as electrifying as the one he has with Olivia Colman remains to be seen.


As for Broadchurch itself, well ITV have confirmed that both Tennant and Colman will be returning along with Arthur Darvill, Andrew Buchan and Jodie Whittaker but on top of that, we're also getting Charlotte Rampling (last seen in the final season of Dexter) in a major role for the second season. Rampling's an excellent casting choice and I'm hoping she's one of many new and interesting faces to be added to the show's second series.

Gracepoint Trailer/News: http://www.spoilertv.com/search/label/Gracepoint
Broadchurch News: http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/may/13/charlotte-rampling-broadchurch-itv-dramas

Gracepoint will air Thursdays at 9pm on FOX from the Autumn while the second series of Broadchurch will begin filming later in the year.

No comments: