Tuesday, April 07, 2015

The Vampire Diaries - Season 6 Major Exits (Spoilers)

For the very few people who might not be aware of who's leaving, the next couple paragraphs are gonna be spoiler filled. Don't say I didn't warn you.


Nina Dobrev who has played human/vampire/doppelganger Elena Gilbert (as well as Katherine Pierce, Amara and Tatia - the latter on The Originals for an episode) on The Vampire Diaries will bow out of the show during the upcoming finale, scheduled to air on the CW from May 14th.

I have to admit, I've only seen a portion of the sixth season (I've decided to wait for TG4 air it during the summer) but for me, given that it was announced earlier in the year that the show would be returning for a seventh and rumoured final season, it seems a bit weird for the show to continue without Dobrev if I'm being candid.

It's not that I'm a fan of the Stefan/Elena/Damon triangle that has dominated a good portion of the show or more accurately the Damon/Elena relationship but Elena has been such a vital part to the show's success that continuing without her seems a tad odd, or is that just me?


Also stepping down from the show is Michael Trevino but unlike co-star Dobrev, it seems that Tyler Lockwood may still factor into the upcoming seventh season. Trevino has recently filmed a spot in upcoming ABC pilot The Kingmakers but I have to admit that while I like the actor, I don't think Tyler will be that major a loss to the show.

However given the early departure of Steven R. McQueen during the sixth season and previous rumours of Ian Somerhalder himself wanting to step down, perhaps it's wise if the seventh season really is the last one for the show.

Press Release: http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/the-vampire-diaries-nina-dobrev-exits.html?utm_source=Trending&utm_medium=Trending

Season 6 of The Vampire Diaries currently airs Thursdays at 8pm on the CW and Wednesdays at 9pm on ITV2.

No comments: